We have no excuses for disappearing. Work got a little hectic for Mr. K and I and we just kept procrastinating the posts but we’re still here.
Sometime during all these weeks of silence, Mr. K and I went on a protein diet for a week – no salt, no sugar, no veggies, no carbs, no nuts, no fruits…in short, no life. It was the toughest thing to do (especially the first few days and because we were also working out) but we needed the crash diet. I lost 2.5kgs and Mr. K lost about 4kgs. I’ll put up a post and eating plan on that soon but I don’t advice it, unless you’re trying to fit into a dress at the weekend.
We also had the wonderful Aghatise’s over for dinner some weekends back. Happy Wedding Anniversary Guys!!! Their 3rd wedding anniversary was yesterday. “Come Dine With Us” post also coming up before the end of the week.
We’ll leave you with our latest breakfast crush for now, before we put up all the other posts. It’s the breadless burger and it’s oh-so amazing. Trust me, you won’t miss the bread (that much).
Breadless burger ingredients:
- Burger pattie (beef or chicken)
- Eggs (optional)
- Onions (optional)
- Tomatoes (I didn’t have regular ones so I used cherry tomatoes)
- Cheese (I found light ones)
The method: It’s really simple
- Rinse all veggies and soak in vinegar for a few minutes.
- Grill the pattie. If you have the energy to start a bbq fire, please, by all means. I use either a halogen cooker or a grill pan.
- Heat the onions in a frying pan so it doesn’t taste raw and leave you with onion breath (you can leave them raw or skip the the onions altogether)
- Fry the egg(s). My preference for this is sunny side up eggs, but you can skip the eggs if you like.
- Now it’s time to assemble the burger however you like but be sure to use the cabbage as the “bun”.
It is really quick, simple and very enjoyable. I found the light cheese at Spar supermarket (Lekki) but I’m sure they have them everywhere.
Mr. K looked it up for me and each slice is just 38 calories. See more info below.